Sunday, February 6, 2011

Here We Go...

Welcome to my blogspot! This marks the beginning of an experiment for one of my classes, Citizenship, Democracy & the Environment. For the next 2-3 weeks myself and my friend Caitiejo will be taking on a restricted menu in the hopes of exploring the North American diet in relation to the course themes. We are interested in looking at packaging, processing, and the social justice issues associated with many imported food products. For the next few weeks all things frozen, pre-packaged and pre-cooked will be off limits in the hopes that we can explore the challenges and benefits of a less processed diet. In addition, for medical-related reasons, I will be sticking to a diet which includes limited-no wheat and limited-no refined sugars. This is sure to present its fair share of challenges and I look forward to sharing those with you in addition to other experiences, menus, recipes, etc. Please feel free to "follow" my/our blog(s) so that we can get a sense of how many people out there are reading. (Part of the assignment is to spread the word about our environmental action project.) Also, feel free to invite anyone to read who you think might be interested! You can find Caitiejo's blog at caitiejoreusser.blogspot.com. Well, here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment